Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Qelothakang

"You Don't Dream in Cryo" Meaning and Logic

8 posts in this topic

I'm sure I'm asking a really stupid question here. But what does "Cryo" mean? How does this relate to the title of the song/movie?

Cryo is short for Cryostatius. That is where the body is placed into near freezing conditions and the body is slowed. All of the bodies process is gets close to stopping but it isnt. The aging process is slowed, the need for food and water is nearly stopped. The only problem with cryostatius is that it can not be used for extended periods of time, like more then 10+ years or the body is completely frozen and eventually the body dies. <-- my idea on cryo lol

Anyway, it is said that you do not dream in cryo because the body is slowed during, so is all dreams/thoughts.

Thanks Spartan. Does something actually exist like that in real life or is it all fictional? (Cryostatius that is)

Are you sure your not mixing that up with cloning? tongue.png

Nope, a sheep by the name of Dolly has been cloned. But an American based company has frozen, and reanimated a dog. Saw it on Popular Mechanics for Kids.... miss that show :wubb:

its short for Cryogenics, the careful freezing of someone to slow their body systems down close to death, then revive them on arrival.

to me, the drops of water/liquid are tears...in the special edition, they went from the scene where he sees his brother being cremated, and the face of his brother-surrounded by flame-morphs to Jake's. there are the droplets hovering over Jake's face, and he watches them float together and join. i find myself wondering if that isnt symbolic of his taking on his brother's responsibilites and Avatar?