Sign in to follow this  
cmb

Response to Massive Spam Attack

Unfortunately AP recently had a massive spam attack targeted at us. We have had over 700 spam registrations and over 1000 spam posts over a 48 hour period. We have worked hard and cleaned up for what we believe is all of it. (I'm sure there are a still posts lingering around, which feel free to report.)

Due to a series of unfortunate events, we also had to restore a backup from January 29th so some content and accounts maybe lost. If there are any issues feel to contact me.

For the time being all newly registered accounts require admin approval. We also are using a new system to combat spam (Cloudflare) and replaced our Captcha with something far more advanced. We will closely be monitoring the spam issue here so it doesn't arise again.

Looks like we are still under attack based on the registrations pending admin approval. So if anyone notices any spam posts, be sure to report it.

We are trying to fix this ASAP.

Irayo, shadow82x, for letting us know about this and for all your work in trying to fix things. I had noticed a lot of spam on AP in the last few weeks, so I'm happy to know the problem is being dealt with. :yes:

Sign in to follow this