Sign in to follow this  
Enkrptic-Na'vi

The Losers (Quick Review)

The following review is presented in the format originally used for "Alice in Wonderland" by Shadow82x.

Here is my review of "Losers" featuring it's pros and cons. I went to see it Friday, 23 April 2010.

Overall I would rate this movie an 5.0 (out of 10)

The Good:

-Plot: Weak but entertaining.

-Graphics/FX: Explosions and use of ordinance was less than perfect but visually acceptable. Not first rate for sure.

-Zoe Saldana's performance: Her acting was good, just the script was lacking, but then again, this movie seemed like it was a mix of parody and action from a comic book sort of style. Not sure if that makes sense, you tell me.

-The rest of the cast, were actually entertaining and I think pretty well cast, but then again, I refer to the script, it could of been better, even for a action/comedy/comic whatever it was supposed to be.

-Supports: Only 2D

-Movie score: The music I thought was one of the highlights, some of the songs they chose I thought complimented the movie well.

-One last comment...the website for the movie is really good...love the scope shooting while the site loads...give it a shot. =)

And that was the good stuff...

The Bad:

-Unbelievable action sequences for one, even a movie like this should be close to reality, in my opinion.

-Bad guy was just plain stupid, although the guy they got to play him did a fine job with the lines that he had, so I don't blame the actor. The villain just wasn't evil enough. I would of thought he'd been more hands on, as far as villains go.

-Character development was predictable right done to the traitor, I wont say more just in case you go see it.

Conclusion:

This was a matinee movie at best. It was both funny and entertaining and that is all I walked in the door with for expectations so I got what I paid for in a ticket. Strange thing about this movie, based on the current trailer for "The Expendables" I think the "Losers" may be the better movie, but I won't know that for sure till I see "The Expendables" of course.

I wish I had better news, but don't worry, Iron Man isn't far off. I have very high expectations for it. =)

Just my opinion,

Aketuan (aka. Ken)

I had my doubts about this movie too, thanks for giving it a review! :wink:

I still might go see it but I'll definitely wait to do so when it's a lower price.