Sign in to follow this  
Qelothakang

Thing's You Notice on Repeat Avatar Viewings

Something I didn't notice the first time was how polluted Pandora was due to the RDA. In the beginning to can get a peak of all the air pollution. Makes you wonder what's causing all of it.

Non doubt Shadow...the environmental regulations enforced on Earth probably don't apply to off world colonies. So all those smoke stacks in the background at the beginning of the movie are probably belching out pure pollution with no scrubbers on them to protect the environment. I guess there aren't many EPA inspectors on Pandora. :smile:

Aketuan (Ken)

Non doubt Shadow...the environmental regulations enforced on Earth probably don't apply to off world colonies. So all those smoke stacks in the background at the beginning of the movie are probably belching out pure pollution with no scrubbers on them to protect the environment. I guess there aren't many EPA inspectors on Pandora. :smile:

Aketuan (Ken)

But what could the pollution be caused from? I don't think creating weapons would cause that much air pollution. Or does it?

Yes, I'm assuming all the belching smokestacks are from the unobtainium refinery. Due to the enormous cost of shipping things back to Earth, they would never want to ship the unrefined ore. There might also be some sort of fuel refinery there. Again, due to shipping costs they wouldn't want to ship gasoline or jet fuel from Earth to Pandora. And it is clear from watching that the helicopters and AMP suits are definitely burning something. I'm guessing its some sort of bio-fuel like ethanol extracted from Pandora plantlife. Since the humans can't breathe the air without an exo-pack anyway, I guess they don't worry about polluting it. Typical...

As for things you catch during repeated watchings: how about Jake's communicator during his first expedition from Hell's Gate? He's wearing it when the Thanator is chasing him, but he doesn't have it later on. If you watch very carefully after he jumps into the waterfall, you can see it being swept away. The attention to detail is amazing!

Something I noticed is how well designed each Navi look, they all have a different type of face even though there are hundreds.

I seem to recall someone complaining on ToS that the non-main-character Na'vi all looked the same :biggrin: