Sign in to follow this  
CyanRachel

Avatar Exhibit at LSC in NJ -- mini-meetup!

Kaltxi, Colin!

It would be great if you could join us at the LSC for this mini-meetup!

As for parking near the hotel...I'm not sure, since I've never been there before (I'm not familiar with the hotel or Jersey City that much), but maybe you can call the hotel to find out.

At this time, we're not sure who'll be attending this meetup and how many of us there will be. As of right now, myself and 2 others will be at the meetup. We're hoping to get a decent size group together for this, since it'll look more impressive to the LSC folks (and will work out better with the hotel we've made an arrangement with).  :smile:

And anyway, the more the merrier as they say.

Less than a couple of weeks until the New Jersey Avatar Mini-Meet from 16th to 19th May 2013!!!

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Just thought I would wake up the thread to see how many will be coming along to enjoy a bit of Avatar community goodness.  This will be the last opportunity to explore the Avatar exhibit at the Liberty Science Centre and watch Avatar on the big screen in 3D  cool.gif

If you would like to come along we have arranged a discounted hotel:

The Holland Hotel, 175 12th St, Jersey City, NJ. Tel: (201)963-6200.

Eating Places:

As for eating places in Jersey City, besides the Burger King next door to the hotel, there are a shed load of restaurants down Washington Blvd and in the mall next door. (Google Map)

So there we go, a bit more info for our meet up.  If anyone has any questions, suggestions etc, then please feel free to fire away.  Looking forward to hopefully seeing you there.

Sorry for this belated post, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed revisiting the Avatar exhibit last month, at the LSC here in New Jersey. We had a very small mini-meetup of clanmates (5 of us got to hang out in NYC, and 3 of us got to see the exhibit) to see the exhibit...with the added bonus of a screening of Avatar in 3D at the LSC theater. It was so awesome to be able to watch Avatar on a big screen in 3D again (with most of the audience consisting of regular, non-Avatar-fan people)! And it turns out the exhibit was "expanded" a tiny bit to include a small section on the biolume of Pandora and how biolume Earth creatures were the inspiration (this section of the exhibit was new, as it was not in the exhibit in Seattle). Anyway, it's just too bad we couldn't get more clanmates to join us, but hopefully many other fellow Avatar fans got to see the exhibit (and Avatar in 3D) at the LSC before it departed for its next destination.