cmb

IRC vs IP.Chat

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer?

• IRC
    • IP.Chat (intergrated)
    • I don't use chat
    • Other.

Out of curiosity, what do you guys prefer? IP.Chat which is our current chat software or an IRC based chat? IRC chat is more powerful but less customizeable theme wise, while IP.Chat intergrates seamlessly with the forum and matches our theme identically.

Edit - We current have both pages setup too.

http://avatarprime.net/irc --- IRC

http://avatarprime.net/index.php?app=ipchat ---IP.Chat

I'm aware this is an old topic and its been decided already but ill throw in my 2 cents anyway. I personally prefer using IP.Chat, because its more user friendly and has browser notifications. Not to mention it looks loads better.

I'm aware this is an old topic and its been decided already but ill throw in my 2 cents anyway. I personally prefer using IP.Chat, because its more user friendly and has browser notifications. Not to mention it looks loads better.

It was a close vote. However its one of those majority rule type things. More people wanted IRC, and we cant support 2 chat programs here. In the event IP.Chat has a popular demand (over IRC) we will probably start using it.

Anyone else in support of moving back to IP.Chat? (And perhaps merging the current IRC channel with ToS)

I have nothing against IP.Chat but I hope the IRC stays too (whether merged or as it is now) :coffee:

Well ToS and AP have the same theme so I don't see any issues merging with the IRC channel. Besides most of us are from both sites anyway. But the question is really if people will use IP.Chat here if we have it.

Hmm... I'm not sure whether a merge would be a good idea or not.

I've no doubt that IRC > IP chat, though, as I can choose which client to use (including one on Android).

Hmm... I'm not sure whether a merge would be a good idea or not.

I've no doubt that IRC > IP chat, though, as I can choose which client to use (including one on Android).

Truth be told, most people don't use their own IRC client though. Majority of the memebrs (who arent fimiliar with IRC) just prefer the interface.

I don't use chat ... :lol: haha, no- I'm always on chat. :coo:

I don't know, I like both but IP chat tells you when people reply to you and looks good with the AP theme.

Then again IRC chat can merge into ToS and looks more professional.:sad:

:coffee: hmm, what to do, what to do.

I am gonna' say IP chat. :smile:

Truth be told, most people don't use their own IRC client though. Majority of the memebrs (who arent fimiliar with IRC) just prefer the interface.

They should. :sad:

Oh ok then, go back to IPChat if you want.

They should. :sad:

Oh ok then, go back to IPChat if you want.

I wish we could force that lol.. but some people prefer a web interface. xD Right now we have both IRC and IP.Chat setup. Not the ideal solution though.