Sign in to follow this  
dreamwaves

What was the last movie you saw?

I went to see Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps about two weeks ago. I recommend it. It's strange that while I watched it I thought of the similarities between the big companies in the Wall Street movies and RDA in Avatar and the irresponsible way the acted. I do believe RDA in Avatar experienced a run in with a "morale hazard" issue. If you don't know what it mean...look up "moral hazard." It is a real business term and it's amazing how much it applies to RDA in Avatar. Then I invite you to comment on whether or not you agree with my assessment. Honest...I'm curious as to whether or not anyone else saw the connection.

Cheers,

Aketuan

Last movie I saw in the theatre was Legend of the Guardians: the Owls of Ga'hoole. It was really good!

Last movie I watched at home was Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. Been on a Star Trek thing recently.

Last movie I saw in the theatre was Legend of the Guardians: the Owls of Ga'hoole. It was really good!

Last movie I watched at home was Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. Been on a Star Trek thing recently.

Is it true that it's like Avatar but with Owls? :tongue: Last movie I saw was Pandora. Yeah -- nothing related to avatar, actually quite the opposite. Aliens are killing these people on a ship and well I don't want to spoil anything here so I'll stop.

Is it true that it's like Avatar but with Owls?

It was really more like Lord of the Rings with owls. I really enjoyed it through! :tongue:

Odd. I saw that movie only a week ago ( I have a bi-annual fling of Star Trek movies. I recently got all the movies on Blu-ray so I've been up in the early hours of the morning every weekend watching Trek).

The last movie I watched was 2001: A Space Odyssey. Can we just assume it's a must-see sci-fi?

Is it true that it's like Avatar but with Owls? :coffee: Last movie I saw was Pandora. Yeah -- nothing related to avatar, actually quite the opposite. Aliens are killing these people on a ship and well I don't want to spoil anything here so I'll stop.

Let me correct you. Pandorum. :tongue: I am looking forward to seeing it.

Last movie I saw at the cinema was Legend of the Guardians, relatively predictable but relaxing nonetheless.

At home though I watched The Book of Eli and the first three Star Trek movies. The Motion Picture, The Wrath of Khan and the Search for Spock. :smile:

I finally got around to watching "Suicide Kings." Very good movie, and it reminded me why I love Christopher Walken's and Dennis Leary's acting style. If you like mob movies then this is a good one for you. It's almost like a comedy for mobsters. :biggrin:

Aketuan

Legend of the Guardians - The Owls of Ga'Hoole 3D at IMAX. It was pretty awesome, some people say it's beating AVATAR in special effects and CGi but I doubt about it, + the fact that it's only a fairytale like movie... AVATAR was made by the best in a very very long time.

Hellboy 1 and 2, I thought they were good considering I originally thought Hellboy was a scary film about a monster that destroyed the earth (lol). The storylines were okay but I don't think they live up to other super hero films such as Spiderman. I'd give it a rating of 7 out of 10.